Westpoint is a four-day festival, a not-to-be-missed opportunity for growing community through deepening relationships, non-stop fun and an exciting programme which offers something for everyone.
2018: Thu 23rd – Mon 27th August
2019: Thu 22nd – Mon 26th August
Our story so far …
For the first time 1250 delegates gathered for the first time as a group of churches in the New Forest. From this successful event, we decided to continue running yearly bible weekends during the summer.
We moved to Westpoint Exeter, a large showground, to prepare for growing our annual event. Over 1000 church members met with God and Westpoint was born.
The Commission sphere was born, a family of churches and a part of the Newfrontiers church movement. Many churches were added to our numbers under the leadership of Guy Miller and his team.
God has faithfully increased numbers at Westpoint with 2017 numbers reaching shy of 4000. This summer thousands will gather again, so whatever your age and whatever your church, Westpoint is for you and is an event not to be missed!
The Westpoint Arena is situated in the heart of the South West, just off the M5 and only 6 miles away from the historic cathedral city of Exeter. It’s a stone’s throw away from a beautiful coastline, a dramatic moor and the wonderful Devon countryside.
Westpoint is 1 mile from junction 30 of the M5. For Westpoint, exit the M5 at junction 30 and follow the A3052 Sidmouth road for 1 mile. Westpoint is clearly signed and is on your left.
The closest train stations are Newcourt (2.5 miles) and Digby & Sowton (2.9miles). Alternatively Exeter St. David’s train station is 6 miles from Westpoint and provides direct rail links to all major cities in the UK.
Exeter International Airport is approximately 2 miles from Westpoint and is connected to a large number of domestic and international airports.
Local Exeter companies can be contacted on the following numbers:
Apple Taxis – Exeter 01392 666 666 (quote Westpoint for preferential rates to/from Westpoint).
Visit appletaxisexeter.co.uk for more information.
A typical day at WESTPOINT
“We loved it and the church marquee and the meals they offered were an unexpected surprise. A great weekend that is well organised, friendly and with much preaching and worship.”
New to WESTPOINT?
Here’s some helpful information to get you started:
- Westpoint is a camping event. You will need to bring your own tent and camping equipment if you wish to stay on site. Alternatively, you can purchase a “Non- Camper” ticket and organise your own accommodation elsewhere in a local B&B or hotel.
- Showers and toilet facilities are provided on site.
- Most churches camp together, you will be allocated a site according to the number of people booked in from your church. If your church is not listed on the booking
drop downmenu, please select “Other” or get in touch with email@example.com to request to camp with a particular church.
- You will only be allowed on site from
10:00amon the Thursdayand no sooner,unless you have previously arranged this with a “setup team” from your church.
- Your church may benefit from bringing a marquee with them to use on site. This is up to each church to arrange.
- Each church site can order an electric supply for their site/marquee – this hook-up should be used for communal activities (i.e. cooking, fridges etc.) and isn’t for individual personal use.
- Day visitor tickets are available for sale before the event or at the gates. We recommend arriving in plenty of good time to allow for parking and traffic.
- A varied children’s programme is available with groups for 3s, 4-5s, 6-8s and 9-11s. These run during the morning adult meetings for all ages as well as in the evening for ages 6-8s and 9-11s. Fun, games, mess, singing and teaching is tailored to each group to ensure maximum enjoyment!
- We also run The Ark, a group for any children who have difficulty accessing the mainstream kids or youth work, whether that is a result of physical, care, emotional or behavioural needs, or specific conditions.
- A Youth programme is available for those aged 12 up to and
including18yrs: meetings and workshops that run alongside the adult meetings with relevant topics and
- There are no cars allowed on site following the first day (Thursday) until pack down day on the Monday.
Book for WESTPOINT
What people are saying …
“I attended Westpoint for the first time. I came with my wife and 12 year old. WESTPOINT blew us away. I was the only practising Christian in our family, our child came along to Church with us but never actively engaged in worship. On Friday after evening worship my wife confided to me that, “I may have got this wrong”, and that, “I think I will give Church a go”. By Sunday my wife was convinced that God was real and was actively worshipping with us in the arena. Our child came back from youth on the Saturday night and proudly announced, “I am not afraid to be a Christian and I love God!” He had found the confidence to express what God had placed on his heart. For the first time ever we prayed as a family and I couldn’t love God more for the opportunity that WESTPOINT gave to draw together my family. On a personal level I too was blown away. I felt incredibly near to God and it seemed as if His Spirit was particularly strong. I can’t express how glad I am that we all came. FYI we rebooked as soon as we got home for 2018 …”
Share your story
Serve at WESTPOINT
Worship, seminars, bible-teaching and much more this year in our fantastic new programme.
All the extra details that will help you make the most of your WESTPOINT experience.
Get In Touch
We want to hear from you. Maybe you have a story to share about WESTPOINT, or you need some specific information, or you spotted an error on this page. Whatever the reason, get in touch.