Part 4: Blessed are the meek
When we look at this third beatitude we realise that the flourishing life of the kingdom gets difficult as the beatitudes build on each other. Meekness is the opposite of self, self at the centre of every thought and action. It is a humble, teachable spirit that seeks to obey Christ and his word. It is our hidden life, the roots of character and humility that find identity and meaning in Christ alone that produce a lifestyle of devotion and a steadfast refusal to be impressed with outward appearances.
1. Do you think the world around you or you yourself are tempted to think of meekness as weakness?
2. In what areas has this been a battle?
3. What do you think Jesus means be inheriting the earth?
4. Do you think we inherit the kingdom now or in heaven?
5. When you became a Christian what changed? What things of your old life seam most resistant to Christ?